Week 1: Settling in and relaxing

Hello everyone!

For my first week of the summer, I decided to do something that's a little simple, but necessary. I also don't have a paycheck yet, so I needed to do something that didn't require money. I decided to take the week to relax and settle in to my apartment.

The week started off with job hunting. I believe in taking time for yourself, but I also believe in working hard for what you want. I applied to places that revolve around my major, which involves instructing others during art-related activities. I am hopeful that I will be hired, but I am waiting for my background check to go through.

So, while I waited, I worked on settling into my boyfriend's apartment. It has taken a lot of transition, considering he doesn't have a lot of stuff and I have all the stuff. I went through all of my papers and threw out a stack that went up to my knee. I still had stuff from freshman year of college! It felt really good to go through everything. We still have some adjusting to do, but it's working out so far.

I had a few issues this week. I was extremely tired, and was out of it. I feel that part of it may have been because I was worried about grades coming out this week. I am at a stage in my college career where I can't afford to fail and re-take classes, or more I don't want to take the time to. I want to graduate on time, to show that I can be academically successful. I ended up getting all A's and B's, so I worried for nothing. I also feel that lack of communication with other people is part of it as well. Don't get me wrong, I love my boyfriend, and we have so much fun together, and we can talk about anything. However, you need to talk to other people, at least I do. I feel that when I get a job, it will really help. Another reason for my behavior may just be the medication i'm taking. It helped during finals week, but now that it's summer, and i'm not facing as much stress as usual, it's making me tired, i'm out of it, and i'm not as hungry as usual.

My boyfriend and I signed up for a gym (wonder what i'll be writing about next week?), so I feel that may help some of the issues I had this last week. I've never gone to a gym before, so it will be an interesting experience. There seems to be some classes i'm interested in, so it should be fun.

My counselor suggested before I left for the summer that I should think of one thing each week that I like about myself. That's what this is all about, anyway. Building myself up and feeling better about who I am. I would have to go with an obvious thing I love about myself. I'm different. I'm not like other people. I'm not obsessed with taking pictures of myself or need to have the newest tech out there. I am different, and I don't mind.

I also want to say each week a person I am thankful for. Obviously, this week I am thankful for my mom. I love my mom so much. She has always been someone I have looked up to. She went through a lot as a child, and she worked really hard to make sure my sisters and I never had to go through what she went through. She has always been open and honest with me, which taught me to be open and honest with others. I have felt bad for a while, because other than college, this is my first time moving out of home. I understand that my mom is struggling (obviously i'm her favorite), but I know that I can do this because of her. I'm always going to need her, and I know that she's there for me. And i'll always be here for her.

Well, that's my week. I know it's not too exciting, but it was necessary. Remember to try to do something for yourself when you can!

Sincerely,

-O

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why do 15 things for me?

Week 4: Now Watch Me Snip, My Hair Away-way

Weeks 5 and 6: Celebrating and Volunteering