Weeks 5 and 6: Celebrating and Volunteering

Hello all!

I apologize for the late post. Recent events put me in a mood.

Week 5, Steve and I decided to celebrate our 1 year anniversary by going to Green Bay. We brought our camera to the New Zoo and experimented with it.




Afterwards, we stopped at Seroogy's, my favorite chocolate place, and picked up some candy (they have a new pop rock flavored candy bar, and it's surprisingly good!). It was a great day, where we talked and got to know each other so much more than we already do.

During week 6, I volunteered in Appleton at the library and the summer school. The summer school is amazing, and I'm having so much fun working with the middle school students. I'm learning so much about the students and how the school works. Every day just reassures me that this is what I want to do with my life.

On to why I've been down lately. Last week I found out that my cousin was in the hospital, with no hope of recovery. His name was Eric. We were never super close, but when we were together I could have a conversation with him. He introduced me to the Bill and Ted movies (in the wrong order, but still). I never really talked to him about what problems he was facing, and maybe I should have. The whole situation has made me think about my future interactions with others.

I would also like to take this time to highlight my extended family. I love them all so much, ad I miss seeing them. There are times that I wish my family had stayed down there, but I would not have been in the mental state i'm currently in. Thank you to everyone for understanding and helping us during the last 11 years we have been away.

Thank you all for listening.

Sincerely,

O


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why do 15 things for me?

Week 4: Now Watch Me Snip, My Hair Away-way