Week 7 and 8: Redecorating and Door County

Hello!

This last week, Steve and I worked together to reorganize our apartment.

The last few weeks, we have been sitting back to back at our desks. We both get very easily distracted, and Steve works from home, so we made the decision to move my desk into the bedroom. It has worked out so much better for both of us. This also helped us open up to each other more. We already have open conversations with each other, but sometimes I hold my tongue when I don't want to disagree or inconvenience anyone, which though it can be helpful in the moment, it does nothing to improve things in the long run. Talking to your partner and compromising where you can will do miracles for a relationship.  No matter what you think, it is never too late to have a meaningful conversation with someone you love. It's also important to keep your interests at heart, but know when to compromise.

We also got new furniture. Our old stuff wasn't terrible, but it wasn't the best either. We went to the furniture store and worked together to pick out some tables, a couch, and a recliner. Our furniture arrived later in the week, and we've enjoyed it so far. Steve also got Hue lightbulbs and the Alexa Dot, to start our home automation. Both have worked together amazingly, and have already made our lives so much easier.

We also went to Door County with Steve's family. It was my first time going there, and I had a blast! The food was great, going to wine tastings was fun, and exploring the small businesses was a wonderful adventure. Though all of that was fun, spending time with Steve and his family was the best part of the weekend.

Which brings me to the people I want to acknowledge. I really want to thank Steve's family for extending their hands to me and offering me encouragement. I'm not part of your family officially, but you all already make me feel welcome. I appreciate everything.

One thing I like about myself. Though I mentioned earlier that I usually go along with things, it's one of the things I like about myself. I have grown up watching people getting petty over little things, and I used to be that way too. However, I am trying my best to move past those feelings and understand others. I try not to get mad often, or do my best to go with the flow of the situation.

That's it for this post!

Sincerely,

O

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why do 15 things for me?

Week 4: Now Watch Me Snip, My Hair Away-way

Weeks 5 and 6: Celebrating and Volunteering