Week 2: Getting buff and stuff

Hello all!

I apologize for the late post. I got inspired at the wrong time. This week, I am going to write about my first experience at a gym.

I wasn't very athletic growing up. It's not that I didn't want to be. Anyone who knows me well knows I am very competitive. The problem I had with sports in high school was all the drama and cliques that seemed to circle each team. Not to mention, I loved eating whatever I wanted and not getting up early to lift weights. 

Now that I am older, I want to work out more. I'm not big in any way. I just want to stay active so I don't have to worry about waking up one day, suddenly realizing that i'm overweight, and not having the stamina to do anything about it. I also wish I was a little stronger. I love rock climbing, but I always run into problems when I need arm strength. I've also never been able to do a pull up, so I want to be able to do that.

The gym my boyfriend and I go to is great. They had us meet with an employee who discussed with us in detail what our goals were, and made sure we knew what steps to take to complete those goals. The gym also provides many classes that i'm really interested in, so I'm excited about that. They also have a cardio theater, where they play a different movie on loop every day, and you can work out on cardio machines while watching. I found out if I like the movie, I can last awhile. I'm also being smarter about what I eat. I'm trying to avoid sugar where I can, and making sure I get all the nutrients I need.

Let's see, something I like about myself. I can be stubborn sometimes. It can be a burden, but I think it helped me become a woman who won't take crap from anyone. I like to take leadership opportunities when I can. There's nothing wrong with standing up for yourself. You just need to learn the difference between standing up for yourself and being a jerk.

This week, my person who I appreciate is my sister Cora. She is going through  a hard stage in life, and I know being a teen isn't easy, but she is handling it very well right now. I had a discussion with her about the show "13 reasons why", which I used to present an idea for the NAEA national conference in Seattle next year, and you could tell that she took so much from the show. She has matured, and I'm proud of her. 

I have still not decided what to do for week 3, and I'm worried, but I'll do something!

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,


O

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why do 15 things for me?

Week 4: Now Watch Me Snip, My Hair Away-way

Weeks 5 and 6: Celebrating and Volunteering